Archaeologists working in Gnezdovo asking for help. Collect on Bumstartere the world for the repair of total station.
Many people think that to be in Ancient Rus ‘ of the X century and walk the earth, which still retain traces of our ancestors, was now impossible. It is not so! Not far from Smolensk, on the Dnieper river is the largest monument of the epoch of formation of old Russian state – Gnezdovo archaeological complex. If many other ancient Russian towns (Novgorod, Pskov, Suzdal, etc.) in the modern times have been built up with houses and factories, life in Gnezdovo stuck in the middle Ages. This is one of the few places that still have Large mounds – the burial of the Russian princes of the tenth century. Gnezdovo is one of the biggest in Europe number of barrows (more than 4,500), two towns, a few open settlements. There is every reason to believe that Gnezdovo mentioned in the middle of the tenth century under the name “fortress Miminiska” by the Byzantine Emperor Constantine Porphyrogenitus, and is probably an ancient Smolensk. The total protected area of the monument is about 200 hectares and it is one of the largest early medieval monuments on the territory of Ancient Russia. Continue reading
Archaeologists, St. Petersburg state University and the State Hermitage Museum during a scheduled visit to the archaeological sites of the Kingisepp district of the Leningrad region fixed on the object of cultural heritage “Barrow group illovo of” fresh traces of extensive predatory excavations.
The medieval burial ground damaged trenches with a length of several meters and a depth of one meter. “Apparently, the thieves completely removed the items of nonferrous metal coins or jewelry from the burial pits, said TANR archaeologist, coordinator of the public movement for the protection of the archaeological heritage “Amateur” Ivan Stasiuk . — In the dumps of the trenches strewn human bones and iron objects and ceramic fragments originating from the burial, discarded”. According to him, currently, the archaeologists prepare a report to the police and Prosecutor’s office.
Barrow group Pillowa known to scientists since the late nineteenth century. In 1885 Leo Ivanovo archaeologist excavated here 29 mounds belonging to the XII–XIII centuries. In 1973 a group was examined by an archaeologist Eugene Ryabinin from Leningrad branch of the Institute of archaeology, USSR Academy of Sciences. Continue reading
Unique religious complex “garden of Eden” with an underground monastery, caves and cells, which is located in Kotovsk district of Odessa region, Rob “black archeologists” and destroying agricultural machinery. It is reported by the correspondent of news Agency “Route E-95” in Kotovsk district.
The underground monastery is located in the village of Kujbyshevo. It is not considered as an object of cultural heritage not protected by the state.
“Over underground structures of the monastery are carried out agricultural work, and black archaeologists have unearthed one of the entrances to the cave and opens up to 18 cells and a wine cellar. In addition, they put iron doors on the entrance and allowed in the underground passage only at the personal contract. As a consequence, in the excavated areas of the corridor increased humidity, which leads to their rapid destruction,” he told residents of nearby villages.
The underground monastery “garden of Eden”, which is located within the village Kuybyshevo was founded in 1912, the disgraced father innocent (John Levitra). It retained 89 cells. The complex has 3 churches (two large, male and female, and one small). Churches were decorated with ancient icons, the monastery could accommodate several thousand worshipers. Continue reading